Chana Chaat is a vibrant Indian dish with different spices, chick peas and potato topped with yogurt, pomegranate and fried pur. This will be a perfect starter for Eid. It’s so yummy I think it could even be better then the BKD Samosa Chaat!?
I have shared my recipe below
Recipe Credit: @behindkitchendoors
Picture Credit: @behindkithendoors
1 Tablespoon mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon whole Cumin
1/4 cup oil.
1 small chopped onion
4 curry leaves
2 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 teaspoon green chillies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 cup Tomato sauce
1 tablespoon tamarind paste.
2 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 potato pealed and cubed
1. Add whole cumin and mustard seeds in a heated pot till you hear it popping and add oil.
2. Add curry leaves and onion and braise till onion softens
3. Add crushed garlic, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice and braise for 2-3 mins
4. Add tomato sauce and tamarind paste, coriander and allow everything to cook for further 2-3 mins
5. Add chopped potato mix in the spices and add 1 can chick peas with the water and give it a good mix
6. Turn heat to medium and allow the potato and chickpeas to cook
7. Add more water if the potatoes are hard to cook further
8. Serve with yogurt, pomegranate and fried samosa pur and coriander
9. Serve hot