This Ramadan we have been loving a cup of Karak Chai before bed. Karak Chai is popular all over Middle East but it originates from Qatar. Even though “Karak” means strong it’s differs to normal Indian Karak Chai.
This recipe is made with black tea, cardamom, saffron, rose water, evaporated milk, condescend milk and whole spices It’s the perfect recipe.
You can find the full recipe below 💗
Recipe Credit: @behindkitchendoors
Picture Credit: @behindkitchendoors
(Serves 2 cup)
2 cups water
2 tablespoon loose tea (or 4 teabags)
3 cardamom pods
Small piece ginger
1 small cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon rose water
160ml Evaporated milk (I use rainbow brand)
1 half tablespoon condensed milk (if you like it sweeter can add more)
1. Bring water to boil, add saffron and boil until the water turns orange in colour. Remove of heat
2. Add the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick ginger and rose water and bring back to boil and remove of heat
3. Add the loose tea and bring the mixture to back to boil and boil for 10 mins
4. Add evaporated milk and condensed milk and boil for another 5 mins on low
5. Strain the tea garnish with rose petals and serve piping hot.