Baklava and cheesecake are two of my favourite desserts, so I mixed them together to make the most delicious dessert. This recipe is wrapped in flaky pastry and loaded with nuts, honey, cream cheese and the most luscious cardamom syrup. 😍
If your looking for a dessert to serve for Eid tea time this is the one. 💛
Baklava Cheesecake Dessert
250 grams phyllo pastry
1/3 cup melted butter
250 grams Cream cheese
1/4 cup castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
2 tablespoon double cream
1 tablespoon yogurt
100 grams pistachios
100 grams walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoon rose water
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180dc. Spread the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 10 mins, remove from the oven and cool completely. Chop finely and set aside
2. In a mixing bowl whip the cream cheese and slowly add the castor sugar, cardamom powder, cream and yogurt.
3. Brush the baking pan with melted butter. Place 1 phyllo pastry on the bottom of a spring form baking tin buttered on the top side of the pastry. Do the same with 1 more sheet.
4. Add the rest of the phyllo pastry around the inside of baking tin, again brushing butter between the sheets. Continue like this till you finish with all the phyllo sheets. (It should look like a round basket)
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or till the pastry starts turning light brown in colour.
6. Make a syrup by bringing all the syrup ingredients to a boil until thick.remove of heat and allow to cool.
7. Remove the phyllo from the oven, add half the chopped nuts onto the bottom with a few tablespoons of the above syrup.
8. Spread the cream cheese filling on top with some more nuts and add few tablespoons of the syrup.
9. Top the cheesecake with some kataifi, brush melted butter over the kataifi and bake for another 10mins or till the kataifi turns golden brown. (you can add another phyllo pastry on top if you don’t want to use kataifi)
10. Remove cheesecake from the oven and pour the balance of the syrup over and nuts.Garnish with rose petals, pistachios and walnuts.
11. Allow to rest in the fridge for a few hours before serving
*note the cooking of the pastry in part 4 must not get too brown as you will be baking it again in part 8. If you are not adding Kataifi you can bake till nice and golden brown in part 4.