Pasta is one of the most comforting foods eaten worldwide. A hearty bowl of pasta with a delicious homemade sauce is all you need in life.
Today I am sharing with you my chilli prawn pasta recipe. This recipe won’t take you longer then 20 mins to cook, and with the most simple ingredients this is one of the most beautiful pasta recipes I have created till yet.
Chilli Prawn Pasta
Recipe Credit: Tasneem Patel
Picture Credit: Tasneem Patel
1 small finely chopped onion
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoon freshly crushed garlic
1 cup crushed can tomato
2 red chillies finely chopped
2 teaspoon oregano
200 grams cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup chopped basil (extra for garnishing)
10 king prawns (shell removed)
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté onion till softened and translucent in colour.
2. Add garlic and red chillies and braise for 1-2 mins.
3. Add cherry tomatoes and allow to soften till the juices come out.
4. Add crushed tomato to the onion and cherry tomatoes when it starts bubbling add salt, lemon pepper, black pepper, oregano. Mix together and braise for 2 mins.
5. Add basil and cook for 2 mins.
6. Meanwhile boil pasta in heavy salted water and olive oil till al dente
7. Add prawns and cook in tomato till prawns are firm and cooked through.
8. Mix the tomato into the pasta and give it a good mix
9. Garnish with basil