This post doesn’t require any long captions, I think the picture speaks for itself but isn’t there just something about freshly fried samosas and masala chai that is so comforting no matter what time of the year or day it is?
I made my mums beef mince samosas last week and the recipe is too delicious not to share with you.
Beef Mince Samosas
Recipe Credit: @tasneemxpatel (my mum)
Picture Credit: @tasneemxpatel
1/2 kilo beef mince
1/3 cup chopped coriander
2 large finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
1 tablespoon crushed green chillies
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/3 cup chopped mint
1 tablespoon crushed ginger
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1. Add mince into a large pot with ginger and garlic. Braise for 2 mins
2. Add fenugreek leave, salt, black pepper, red chilli powder, green chillies, garam masala and braise for 2-3 mins.
3. It doesn’t take longer then 10 mins for the mince to cook. But all the water which lets loose from the mince must be burnt out and COMPLETELY dry.
4. When the water nearly dry add mint, mix and let the balance water dry out.
5. Let mince filling cool down completely
6. Add chopped onion and coriander and mix
7. Fill samosas
*you can use the exact same recipe for chicken mince too