𝐎𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 !
3 years ago I baked my first Tres Leches recipe which is a soft, tender cake, pored over a mixture of three milks – sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and full cream milk.
I have previously shared this recipe in flavours of Rose and Rasmalai, and today I present to you another beautiful flavour – “Gajar Ka Halwa”
I have been so excited to share this recipe with you for a while but I couldn’t post until you tried my Gajar Ka Halwa recipe first, and now that is out of the way you can finally try this gorgeous milk cake!
It’s absolutely delicious and I’m certain you are going to love it as much I do!
Gajar Ka Halwa Tres Leches
For The Cardamom Cake
1 cup all purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 large eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup full cream milk
For The Milk Sauce:
1 and 1/2 cups full cream milk
4 heap tablespoon gajar ka halwa (please find my recipe under IGTV & sweet/indian highlights)
3/4 can evaporated milk
3/4 can condensed milk
For The Topping
250 ml whipping cream
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180dc. Lightly grease a pan and dust the inside with flour.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cardamom powder and salt.
3. Separate the eggs and place in two bowls.
4. In a bowl, add sugar to the egg yolks and beat until egg yolks turn pale yellow. Add 1/3 cup of milk and stir to combine.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture into the egg yolks and mix.
6. In another clean bowl, beat egg whites on high speed till you get stiff peaks
7. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
8. Pour the batter smoothly into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for up to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
1. While the cake is baking, blitz Gajar Ka Halwa to a purée
2. Add blitzed Gajar Ka Halwa with full cream milk and bring to a boil, remove off heat and allow this cool at room temperature.
3. Mix the milk mixture, evaporated and condensed milk together.
1. Once the cake has baked let it cool completely,
2. Once cooled use a fork to poke the cake all over, pour half of the milk mixture on top of the cake, and leave aside for 30 minutes. Keeping the balance milk for serving
3. Whip cream, sugar, cardamom powder till you get stiff peaks.
4. Spread this over the cake and refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
5. Garnish as desired
Tres Leches Cake recipe originally inspired from The Pioneer Woman
You can make the Gajar Ka Halwa in advance and freeze little to use for the cake.
You can add orange food colour to the cake to resemble Gajar Halwa
You can replace Gajar Halwa flavours with rose, pistachio & saffron. Please refer to my website for alternative flavour recipes