There is just something about a fluffy, moist vanilla Bundt cake served with a hot cup of tea. Bundt cakes make the ultimate centrepiece for any celebration.
A Bundt cake is known for its unique shape and most Bundt cakes are simple with just a drizzle of icing sugar or a glaze, but by now you know BKD isn’t simple and loves to add that little extra touch.
To give a little BKD touch I added a rose whipped cream and garnished with strawberries, edibles flowers and gold leaf.
It makes a simple but beautiful cake for your Eid table.
Vanilla & Rose Cream Bundt Cake
100 grams room temperature butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
1 & half cups self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon rose essence
1/4 cup sugar
1. Pre heat oven at 180dc and grease Bundt pan
2. In a large bowl beat together 1/2 cup sugar and butter
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between
4. Add vanilla essence and mix
5. In another bowl sift flour and salt
6. Add half of the flour mixture into the eggs and mix.
7. Add in the milk and mix till combined
8. Add in the balance of the flour and mix
9. Pour batter into Bundt pan and pat down gently or smooth down with spatula
10. Bake for 45 mins or until toothpick comes out clean
11. While the cake is baking beat fresh cream with rose water and 1/4 cup sugar till soft peaks form
12. Once the cake is baked and cooled completely add the rose cream on top and decorate with strawberries and edible roses
Serves 4-6 people
You can add rose syrup instead of rose essence to the cream
You can add pink food colouring with rose essence to make it pink
Fill Bundt cake pan 3/4 way to avoid over baking