Scones. You either love them or hate them, but eating hot and freshly baked scones for breakfast is just a different feeling. I enjoy baking scones and adding different flavours and textures to avoid it getting boring.
Today’s scones were served for breakfast with flavours of chai, they are delicious on its own but I served them with sweetened whipped cream, drizzle of milk chocolate, served with a side of blue berries and a cup of masala chai.
2 cups self raising flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup castor sugar
250ml fresh cream
1 and half teaspoon chai spice (refer to BKD notes)
55g frozen grated butter
Melted milk chocolate
1. Pre heat oven to 220c and lightly grease a oven tray
2. Mix together flour, chai masala, salt and rub in the grated butter
3. Add sugar, 250 ml fresh cream little at a time and mix.
4. Add dough onto a floured surface. Knead lightly and cut into desired shape.
5. Add onto oven tray and glaze with beaten egg
6. Bake scones for approx 15 mins
7. Drizzle melted chocolate over the baked scones once cooled.
8. Serve with whipped cream, berries & masala chai